Monday, September 13

Hummingbird?




Yesterday when I opened, I had some customers talking about a bee that looked like a hummingbird in my flower bed, so I had to look too! I looked it up and I think its what is known as a sphinx moth, it flies like a hummingbird, but it stuck around for me to photograph him, unlike a hummingbird, they are so quick! They also have that long beak like a hummingbird. I had never seen one before and really thought it was neat, so thought I would share it with you. Maybe they aren't that uncommon, but to me it was. You can click on the picture to see it better.
Jen at Just Country!

2 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Aren't they great? We had them (one at a time) at our other house and they loved the phlox. Thanks for sharing - makes me homesick. Dawn

Loretta said...

Yup, you are right. We were fooled and thought it was a hummer the first time we saw one. Aren't they amazing?